ACCU-GATE POSITIONING SYSTEM
CARBOTECH International offers a patented design that has proven itself over the years around the world. We installed our first unit in 2008. This revolutionary system has inspired many competitors over the years. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Instead of trying to move a board within a lug, our design uses the entire length of the machine to position each board: the paddles do not move once they emerge on top of the device. This technique eliminates any sudden movement or possibility of bounce back, while significantly reducing speed of the even ending rollers. In fact, rollers are not necessary at all if you decide to go with our bias chain design. We can install a bias roller chain instead of rollers to move the piece towards the fence. Some of our competitors move the board over the last lug’s length to the target destination. The boards get moved to their final position at the very end of the machine and are therefore less stable.
- Boards are only pulled, not pushed, so there is no chance that bowed or twisted material will be caught between the paddles and the chain.
- Our standard design can be customized to fit virtually any existing line: you will not need to modify your surrounding equipment. As well, our machine can be accessed easily from all sides.
- All our components are protected against jams caused by debris: each servo-positioner and the chain-paddle assembly are independently protected by a pneumatic clutch. Adjustments can be easily made while the line is running. If a jam occurs, the machine is designed to disengage automatically, thereby protecting its components.
- Each paddle is independently positioned by a servo-positioner. First, the brake is released as each unit goes through a fixed funnel to be centred. A pivoting section controlled by the servo-positioner then brings the paddle to the required position. Finally, before emerging from the final straight section, the brake is re-applied to secure the exact position of each board. The paddles do not move while the boards are being positioned, resulting in the highest accuracy available in the market.
- The accuracy of our ACCU-GATE is directly related to the positioning of the servomotor and the tolerance in the straight section of the movable funnel. This significantly reduces the number of parts to maintain on the machine. Furthermore, the “walls” of the straight section can be adjusted so that accuracy is maintained over time.
- Each paddle assembly requires very little maintenance: each month, the shaft should be wiped clean, since oil attracts dust.
- Over 25 ACCU-GATEs installed
- Positioning accurency within 1/16"
- The most reliable and accurate fence available
- Heavy duty construction to reduce maintenance
- The only system not limited by reaction time: even at 240 LPM, each board is positioned in 1.25 seconds
- Smooth operation: each piece is placed gently
- Positioning is not affected by the shape or condition of each board
- Simple design and low operating costs
- Can easily replace existing systems without major changes to the production line
- Entirely electric
- Servomotor positioning
- Very low maintenance